Planting Techniques for Growing Lavender Successfully in Colorado
Heritage Lavender, 4809 Foothills Drive, Berthoud, CO 80513
This workshop discusses how to successfully grow and care for healthy lavender in Colorado soil. We will review plant selection, soil preparation, plant requirements, and planting techniques, pruning, harvesting, and winter preparation. The session will also include a tour of our field and greenhouse. Each attendee will receive a free lavender plant (available after May 19th), and their own bag of specially formulated soil for healthy lavender growth in Northern Colorado’s heavy clay soil.
- Discuss cold hardy species and varieties
- Identify a healthy lavender plant
- Identify lavender’s requirements & how to meet them
- Understand soil preparation for healthy root establishment
- Learn proper planting techniques for years of enjoyment in your landscape
- Determine how to prune and harvest lavender and prepare it for winter
*To provide personalized attention, this class is limited to 10 participants
Class fee is $40 per person
Click a date above to register, or visit our shop here, scroll down to events, choose a date, the link will take you to registration and secure square payment checkout.